Under the direction of the restaurant leadership team, A Hospitality Representative needs to provide excellent guest service following our service standards.
The Palm Restaurant is committed to providing our guests with the highest quality food, beverages, and personalized service in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere.
Operational Excellence: In joining our team, you commit to supporting this mission by demonstrating our Service Standards at all times, and to holding all team members to the same. Providing a safe work environment of trust and respect free of harassment is expected.
Since 1926, when The Palm Restaurant first opened its doors in the heart of Manhattan, the company has been serving up legendary food and service. Today, The Palm operates multiple locations across the United States, all founded on one unchanging philosophy: treat guests like family, serve great food, and always exceed expectations. Owned and operated by members of the Bozzi and Ganzi families for over 90 years, The Palm serves as a second home for countless patrons, who have contributed to shaping its legacy born out of speakeasy roots – where menus were unnecessary and high energy a given – into an atmosphere seen nowhere else. The Palm prides itself on cultivating talent, diversity, and a strong work ethic.
A Palm Server Assistant is responsible for assisting Servers, Bartenders and Cocktail Servers ensuring that all service staff, dining room, and guest needs are met in a fast and efficient manner. This role offers superior customer service, and maintains the station in a clean and orderly manner throughout shifts. Warmly greets guest and escorts them to the table in the highest professional manner, treating them as if they have always been part of our family.
As a team member of the Palm Restaurant Group, a Server Assistant must embrace our “Core Purpose”, embody “The Palm’s Values” (Loyalty, Honesty, Quality, Team Work, Dedication, Results, Generosity, and Respect), recognize and satisfy all Palm Restaurant Guests as well as being accountable to the Owners, PMC (Palm Management Corporation), and Restaurant Managers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
All Palm Restaurant jobs require that you embody a positive company image by providing courteous, friendly and efficient service with a smile to customers and team members at all times.
The following are intended as basic requirements. Success will come to the individual that is able to expand upon these job requirements and truly “make it happen”. These requirements/functions may change over the course of employment.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following areas:
• Must love and take care of guests!
• Must have a passion for guest service.
• Must say “Yes”, “Thank you” and “Smile” often!
• Follows the process that provide first time guests with the same Palm experience than our most loyal repeat guests.
• Warmly greets and acknowledges guests.
• Creates a lasting first and last impression.
• Maintains a clean, neat, and well-groomed appearance.
• Must report to work on-time
• Must clock in at scheduled time and not before
• All work must be performed while on the clock.
• Follows Code in respect to Health Department.
• Familiar with and able to describe all menu items.
• Sets up station and performs “side work” according to specifications.
• Attends all scheduled Staff Meetings unless otherwise approved by Manager.
• Uses swarm-service when serving all food items and clearing tables. Clears plates quickly and efficiently.
• Keeps tables cleared and manicured throughout meal.
• Works together with fellow employees and management to ensure that all guests have the best Palm experience possible.
• Performs additional responsibilities, although not detailed, as requested by a Manager.
• Periodically check the restroom for cleanliness and provide basic cleaning services throughout the shift.
• Executes proper coffee, tea and iced tea service.
• Inform management of guests who are unhappy with service as quickly as possible.
• Enthusiastically supports decision once they’ve been made by PMC and Management.
• Appropriate food and beverage knowledge
• Ability to take direction and work in a team environment
• Experience providing excellent guests service in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to solve problems, and work calmly and effectively under pressure
• Highly motivated and demonstrate organizational skills.
• Ability to stand and exert fast-paced mobility for entire shift.
• Have to be willing to work any days of the week; including nights, weekends and holidays or as agreed with management Ability to transport up to 50 pounds on occasion and up to 35 pounds regularly.
• Positive interpersonal skills
• Teamwork Oriented
• Must have a positive attitude and the ability to work well under pressure with other server assistants, bussers, cooks, servers and other staff.
Education and Experience High school education and prior experience in a fine dining restaurant.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand and reach with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear. The employee is constantly required to walk and occasionally sit.
People & Team Skills: Must have sufficient self-confidence, poise and interpersonal skills to be able to work effectively as part of a team and to take part in professional discussions. Also must be able to sustain performance under conditions of stress—such as tight deadlines and detailed questioning. Must demonstrate ability to be a team player and quick learner in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
Professional Development and Advancement
A Server Assistant may be considered for advancement to a Server in the company. In order to gain the experience and training necessary to be considered for advancement in the company, tasks of a Server may be assigned for development purposes.
Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.